Wednesday 25 February 2009

You're still searching for me in every woman.



I didn't watch the Oscars this year (they do get a tad boring, though I did watch the opening, Hugh Jackman is now my man candy) but I did check out the fashion, and a lot of people looked amazingly beautiful and got their clothes JUST right. Obviously there were a few fashion no no's *COUGHWHOOPIGOLDBERGCOUGH* but a lot got it right. My two favourite looks from the evening were Penelope Cruz and Freida Pinto, both outstanding actresses and they both give Hollywood a bit of an ethnicity boost!


Firstly Freida Pinto. I wasn't really sure about this dress at first because she's already an amazingly gorgeous girl and it wouldn't take a lot for her to look like practically the most beautiful thing on earth, but after pondering at it for a while (with interruptions of fruit-snacking) I finally came to the conclusion that the dress was every bit as gorgeous as she was. I'm not saying that it was easy to pull off, I'm just saying that, the dress dances between strange and conventional so beautifully that I would like to dubb it as gorgeous.

The colour is a gorgeous deep blue (this particular colour I can't really pull off, God knows why) and the lace sleeve makes me fall in love with it all over again. The sleeve was what initially put me off, but the unconventionality of it is adorable and I'm head over heals with lace right now and the combination of it with the colour leaves my breath stuck in my throat somewhere. I also like the tulle used as the skirt as it gives it a younger image, instead of the slinky silks and satins that we're used to seeing on the red carpet.


Aaaahhh, Penelope Cruz, my current girl crush of the moment due to her role as Maria Elena in the movie "Vicky Cristina Barcelona". How can you watch this movie and NOT fall in love with her? This is something i will never understand. Anyway, onto her dress, it's gorgeous, it's vintage, it's off white (a favourite of mine) and it's 60 years old. What else is there to say about it? She looks radiant and the dress flows beautifully and the colour is amazing on her. Usually I don't particularly like white gowns on the red carpet because they end up looking like really bad wedding dresses but here it just looks heavenly and there has only ever been one other person who I think has pulled off the white dress (Keira Knightley circa...not sure).

Anyway, love both dresses, will post some more stuff tomorrow!

xxx Talking Monkee

No comments:

Post a Comment