Sunday 22 February 2009

The designs of life




I've always had a little crush on the designing world ever since I turned girlie (...I think I was about...12? I don't know what happened, I just started getting excited about everything and anything sparkly) and it's almost equivalent to my love of writing (which is why I love blogs) and so my madre has told me that since I applied to a fashion major for undergrad (alongside a journalism one) I should test out my skills by designing some clothes that I really, really want and then get them made at the tailors. She also says that if any of my friends like them, I could sell them...and then I got excited at the idea of getting my sister to dress up in these and to coerce her into modelling for my indulgent photo-taking hobby.

*GRIN*

My personal favourite is (4) coz I can just imagine the creamy off-white flower lace that's gonna be used throughout the whole top...and the batwing sleeves and scoop neck have just got me drooling. I've always had a bit of a love affair with anything that looks marginally weird...but this is just so beautifully vintage looking (at least in my head) that I can't wait to get this made.

I'm going fabric shopping next weekend and I'm a little excited.

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment